VA Boston Healthcare System
Women's Comprehensive Primary Care and Gynecology
At VA Boston Healthcare System, we offer high quality and convenient health care to women veterans all throughout the greater Boston area. We hope women veterans will think of us for preventive care to keep healthy and for the place to visit when they are ill.
Women's Comprehensive Primary Care
Comprehensive primary care offers "one stop shopping" primary care. Women veterans are scheduled to see specially trained primary care providers who also provide gender specific primary care.
Women's Health providers are available in all of our clinic locations.
- care for acute and chronic illness
- gender-specific primary care (based on your stage of life):
- birth control counseling and prescriptions
- routine breast exams and pap smears
- menopause management and counseling
- preventive services
- coordination of care including referral to: specialty clinics , mammography, bone density, ultrasound , menopause treatment
We have two comprehensive primary care clinics, in Jamaica Plain and in Brockton, where women can see their primary care provider as well as a provider from:
- breast surgeon (West Roxbury only)
- rheumatology (Jamaica Plain only)
Gynecology providers offer specialized evaluation and care, including:
- follow up of an abnormal Pap smear
- evaluation and treatment of pelvic pain
- evaluation and treatment of abnormal vaginal bleeding
- gynecology/oncology counseling
- infertility consultation and early workup
If VA Boston Healthcare System is unable to provide a needed service, we will assist you to find the care you need elsewhere.
- Jamaica Plain, West Roxbury, Brockton, Causeway, Quincy, Framingham, Plymouth, Lowell
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday
8 am - 4 pm