VA Boston Healthcare System
Community Living Center
The Community Living Center is located at the VA Boston Healthcare System, Brockton Campus.
The Center provides:
Short Stays/Transitional Care - up to 90 days for:
- Rehabilitation - helps to return the veteran to functioning as independently as possible.
- Skilled Nursing Care - when a licensed nurse is required on a daily basis
- Restorative Stay - for short-term interventions, providing a transition from the hospital through short-term - restorative care prior to discharge.
- Maintenance Care - for those awaiting alternative placement, such as to a community nursing home or state veterans home.
Long Stays - beyond 90 days - Long stay care is typically for veterans who are Millennium Bill eligible (70% service-connected, or 60% service-connected and deemed unemployable):
- Skilled Nursing Care - when a licensed nurse is required on a daily basis, but exceeds the 90 day requirement for short stay skilled nursing care
- Maintenance Care - working to help our nursing home residents maintain function and prevent further decline. Residents require supervision and oversight by an RN, but do not require licensed nurse interventions daily.
Palliative Care/Hospice - provides compassionate, supportive care to veterans in the final phase of a terminal disease. Read more here.
Respite Care - provides chronically ill or disabled veterans with an inpatient stay in order to give their caregiver a scheduled break. Read more here
Social Work at VA Boston Healthcare System is an integral part of healthcare, helping veterans and their families with problems associated with the stress of an illness. In many cases, social workers join with other healthcare providers to meet patient needs.
- Brockton Campus, Bldg. 4
Hours of Operation
- Monday - Friday, 8 am - 4:40 pm