VA Boston Healthcare System
Amputation Rehabilitation Program
The Amputation Specialty Program at VA Boston includes various services which provide care to Veterans from throughout VISN 1 (New England) before and after amputation.
Care is provided on the Acute Care Wards, Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit at West Roxbury, in the CLC at Brockton, and in Outpatient Clinics at West Roxbury, Jamaica Plain, Brockton and Lowell.
The Amputation Specialty Program includes doctors, nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists, prosthetists, physician assistants, social work, recreation therapists, and other team members who provide individualized care to Veterans with limb loss. Vocational Rehabilitation, Driver Training, and Adaptive Sports programs are also available to help these Veterans become as independent as possible after amputation.
The Amputation Rehabilitation Coordinator works at the West Roxbury and Jamaica Plain campuses and is available to help with lifelong Coordination of Care for Veterans with limb loss.
Special programs include:
- Prosthetic assessments in our weekly (Wednesday) Amputation Care Clinic at the West Roxbury Campus
- Telehealth Amputee Clinic for Veterans who receive their primary care at other VA s in VISN1 (Northampton, Manchester, White River Junction, Providence).
- In house (West Roxbury) prosthetists and orthotists available for provision of care for Amputees.
- Monthly Amputee Support Group, the first Thursday of each month at West Roxbury Campus, from 10-11 am in the Cafeteria Conference Room, connecting with Brockton, Manchester and Togus facilities. Veterans with limb loss, as well as their family members and care givers are welcome to attend.
- Amputee Peer Visitor Program before or after Amputation Surgery, and throughout the continuum of care.
For any questions regarding the Amputation Specialty Program at VA Boston,
- 800-857-3364 Ext. 44863
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday
8 am - 4 pm