VA Boston Healthcare System
Current Operating Status
As of Wednesday, June 23, 2021 2:02 PM EDT
If you have symptoms of fever, cough and shortness of breath, sign-in to My HealtheVet and send a secure message to your primary care provider, or call our patient Call Center at 800-865-3384, press 3 and ask for guidance before visiting the VA medical center or community clinic, or if you have questions about getting a COVID-19 test for any reason.
For information on the COVID-19 virus, visit: https://www.va.gov/covid19
Inpatient visitation has resumed at the discretion of the Veteran's care team. Virtual visitation will be offered, as well, please inquire with your Veteran's care teams for additional information.
As a precaution, Veterans, visitors and contractors entering our facilities are still being screened.
At this time, Pharmacy is emphasizing a mail-order system, but you can pick up prescriptions in person at the medical center campuses:
- Outpatient Pharmacy will also honor emergent prescription needs for in-person pick up, such as post-surgical, emergency department and discharge medication needs.
- Other medications and supplies will normally be mailed.
- Contacting the prescription refill line at 1-857-364-4419 and press 2
- Mailing in refill slips
- Requesting through My HealtheVet – www.myhealth.va.gov
Everyone is encouraged to take simple preventive actions to avoid being exposed to viruses:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home if you are sick or becoming sick.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
|VA Boston Healthcare System||Normal Hours|
|Veterans are urged to contact the Call Center at 800-865-3384 and press 3 if feeling a fever, cough or respiratory symptoms associated with COVID-19. Please call for guidance before arrival at a VA Boston medical facility for non-emergency care.|
|Brockton Campus||Normal Hours|
|Jamaica Plain Campus||Normal Hours|
|West Roxbury Campus||Normal Hours|
|Causeway Street CBOC||Normal Hours|
|Plymouth CBOC||Normal Hours|
|Framingham CBOC||Normal Hours|
|Lowell CBOC||Normal Hours|
|Quincy CBOC||Normal Hours|
- Emergency: 911
- Veterans Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255 (Press 1)
- 24 Hour Nurse: 1-800-865-3384, follow the prompts
- Change Your Appointment: 1-800-865-3384
- Media Inquiries: 857-203-5879 or
1-800-865-3384 x35879 (toll free)
- National Veterans Helpline: 1-800-507-4571
- Patient Locator: 1-800-865-3384, press 0
- Pharmacy Refill: 857-364-4419 or
1-800-865-3384, follow the prompts or enter x44419
- Staff Locator: 1-800-865-3384, press 0
- Telephone Care: 1-800-865-3384, follow the prompts
In the event that VA Boston or any of our associated Community VA Clinics is threatened by inclement weather, check this page for details.
Do you have a family disaster plan?
Now is the time to plan what you, your family, and your pets would do in the event of a hurricane or other natural disaster. Visit the Ready America web site for information and instructions for creating a family disaster plan.